There are some items that you simply must pack before heading out in a campervan or caravan. Here are the essentials:
- First-aid kit – always double-check your first-aid kit before every trip to ensure all items have been restocked, and emergency medication is up to date.
- Face-masks and hand sanitisers – while not a must, it’s always a good idea to have some disposable and resuable ones available should the time arises.
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket – if you already have one, be sure to have it inspected prior to hitting the road.
- Flashlight and batteries – always handy to have an extra or spare light with you even at a powered site. You never know when you might need it!
- Insect repellent – we recommend including this even if it’s not mosquito season.
- Communication and power devices – extra battery packs for mobile phones, and if you’re travelling to remote places, you may even consider a satellite phone.
- Printed maps – while a GPS in your vehicle or on your phone will get you to your destination most of the time, having printed maps can be handy for times that you may have run out of batteries.
- Extension cord(s) – remember to pack one or two extension cords to connect car fridges and caravan on a powered site.
- Sun-protection – UV protection is important even during the cooler months. Don’t forget to stock up on sunscreen, lip balm, and a hat (or beanie).